While i prepped for the “Mile-High Match-up” in Denver and watched some tape of the Broncos offensive line, i came away with the feeling that the Denver Broncos OT Ryan Clady would not be able to block James Harrison consistently mano-y-mano in passing situations last weekend.
After hanging 9 quarterback pelts on the wall in 11 games, in a season which James Harrison has overcome 2 lower back surgeries, a broken face and fines and suspension, I believed Harrison ready to ride rough-shod over the Clady. I really thought James might have one of them “James Harrison-like” days. Didn’t happen.
Again Denver suprised. They did what the Steelers thought they wouldn’t do. They did a lot of 2 man routes. The Broncos kept 8 men in to block. They “Double-chipped” with their backs and TE’s for only the second time i’ve ever seen that happen, St. Louis being the first.
Double chipping tells you one thing. That the coaching staff has no confidence in their pass-pro match-ups and so they will double-team those (Harrison, Woodley) they deemed to be of sufficient concern.
Which makes it extremely hard to get after a quarterback after getting nailed by a guy who’s looking to upend you, and only after dealing with the first guy, then you get a shot at your main antagonist, that being the OT if you’re Harrison.
All this means is that the rest of the pass rushers weren’t winning their one-on-one rush situations. Somewhere in the 8 men kept in by the Broncos blocking on 4 or 5-pass rushers, somebody has only 1 body between him and Tebow. And that person wasn’t winning.
Craig’s BioCraig Wolfley is a 12-year veteran of the NFL who played 10 years with the Pittsburgh Steelers and 2 years with the Minnesota Vikings. [read more]
Steelers Cruise 2014
Support Our Sponsors
Click Logo's Below to Visit Our Sponsors
Shults Ford Promo
Blog Story Categories
- Behind the Scenes
- Family Life
- Fan Stories
- Fun & Interesting
- Head/Brain Injury News
- High School Football
- Light of Life Ministries
- Martial Arts | MMA
- NFL News (Other)
- Personal Interviews
- Physical Fitness | Training
- Pittsburgh Power
- Radio Shows
- Sports (Non NFL)
- Steelers Training Camp
- Tunch & Wolf
- Craig Wolfley Podcast “Steelers Talk” w/ Tom Bradley & Chris Hoke | 12–11-13
- Tunch & Wolf’s Pittsburgh Steelers Cruise Giveaway w/ Light of Life Rescue Mission
- Craig Wolfley Podcast “Steelers Talk” w/ Tom Bradley & Chris Hoke | 12–04-13
- Craig Wolfley Podcast “Steelers Talk” w/ Tom Bradley & Chris Hoke | 11–25-13
- Craig Wolfley Podcast “Steelers Talk” w/ Tom Bradley & Chris Hoke | 11–21-13
- Craig Wolfley Podcast “Steelers Talk” w/ Tom Bradley & Chris Hoke | 11–13-13
- Watch Craig Wolfley’s Amazing Veteran’s Day Suprise