Wolf & Tom Review What Went Right & Not So Right For the Steelers Against the Chiefs
Former Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley and former Steelers defensive lineman Chris Hoke join former Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman and now broadcaster Craig Wolfley on his podcast.
THE PODCAST TALKING POINTS:
- Hokie is still away on his coaching internship, so producer Frank Murgia is sitting in.
- Steelers are 0-3… Remember, it’s only preseason, it’s only preseason, it’s only preseason.
- Wolf found out that he can’t eat like he used to – he couldn’t finish the “Tower of Wolfley” at On Deck in McMurray, Pa.
- Wolf has three major concerns about this game…
- David Johnson needs to develop confidence in his knee after surgery.
- Offensive line needs to work on their run blocking.
- Next round of roster cuts are coming this Saturday.
- Wolf & Tom review the WR situation.
- The inner 3 of the O-line looks solid.
- Troy’s hit on Alex Smith had Tom cringing – “That’s a fine.”
- Steelers need a blocking TE.
- The O-line looks good, but lacks depth.
- Pittsburgh native John Malecki brings spirit playing for his hometown team.
- Secondary looks strong – Polumalu, Clark, Taylor & Allen all looked good.
- Steve McClendon not as big as Casey Hampton was, but has better lateral movement.
- Defensive Line Coach John Mitchell is a one-man Parris Island.
- Tom: “A tipped pass is more lethal than anything.”
- Special Teams Coach Danny Smith still has the hardest job on staff.
- Tom became a self-taught expert in garbage formations.
- Wolf’s Friday Fatman Football back in his Syracuse days…
- Shaun Suisham – the kicking Canuck.
- Jonathan Dwyer is likely the #1 RB for the last preseason game vs. Carolina.
- Tom will be covering the Army vs. Morgan State game this Saturday, but will still be on Steelers postgame coverage with the Coors Light Cooler Talk.
The Tower of Wolfley: Two handmade 8 oz. burgers, two and a half gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches with choice of cheese. Lettuce, tomato, onions and chipotle aioli. (Towering above all, this delicious beast is not for the faint of heart! Get in my belly!)
- David Sedelmeier
* This podcast produced and posted by Frank Murgia and Wayne Weil of talent network, inc. | tni media, llc.
LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, ENJOY!